Header Ads

Get to know the talent manager and his impact in the music business - Oyin Ameen

Meet the industry executive and talent manager behind alot of musical talent, such as Oladips, Sojay, Reminisce, Sean Tizzle, Emma Myra and currently working with the like's of  KrizBeatz, Ceeboi and Mr. C



Who is Oyin Ameen?

My full name is Ameen Muktar Oyindamola, a Kwara State indigine born on 27th October 1988 to a Muslim home. My origin is Oke Ode, IFELODUN local Government in Kwara State.

I studied Accountancy and Graduated in 2012 from Al-Hikmah University, ilorin, Kwara State.

I started entertainment in 2009 while still in school, I registered my company STREETS LEGEND NIG LTD, which was a magazine publishing and events and touring company.

We organized tours and concerts for artistes in the South- West region of Nigeria and publish youth and entertainment magazine.

In 2012 Streets Legend, started PR for couple of artistes and in 2014 we began artistes management, with Jahbless been our 1st client.

Over the years we have helped develops alot of talents including Oladips, Sojay, Reminisce, Sean Tizzle, Emma Myra and currently KrizBeatz, Ceeboi and Mr. C




Their was a period where artist where the only notable names, while the producers are behind the scene but today we have them as trending topic's..

How did this affect you also as a talent manger when you started?

I changed the game with Krizbeatz in 2016, all the new producers wants To be like Krizbeatz or work with his blueprint, which i created

How was it like trying to get a spotlight among others?

It took me 7 years to do something different, that was notable which is making a music producer an international brand

What did you bring into the music business as an executive which got you into the limelight ?

I influenced the new Aftobeat sound, which has fusion of EDM, it called the Afro Dance Music sound

Is artiste management the only thing you do?

That's the major thing I do, but I have a blog that is not run directly by myself www.theslmag.com and I have a music publishing as well as PR company.

Out of music and entertainment I have investments in Agriculture, Cashew and Timber; I also have investments in Real estate and few medium scale enterprises in transport, food supply and production.

How have you been coping with the pressure?

I love what I do, it's my hubby, so I won't say it's a pressure, it's different challenges everyday, just like solving a puzzle or playing a video game. I love it.

Who are your mentors in the game?

I have only one mentor, he's IRV Gotti, he is an American, he is the founder of Murder Inc, I have being following him since 1998, he still inspires me everyday till date. I have few people I respect and admire, Samad Rabiu, the CEO of BUA Group then people like Ubi Franklin, Sunday Are, Godwin Tom, Lanre Lawal, Osagie Osarenkhoe, Kamal Ajiboye, Obi Asika and few others.


Does your job entail getting shows for your artistes?

That is the job of a booking agent, my job is to keep my client in business and create a demand for him in the business. Alot of people think all a manager does is lock calls and mention figures, what we try to do is outsmart the industry every year, to keep our client on top of the game. It's more of strategy and marketing. Getting shows is Sales department in the corporate world, here it's a booking agent.


What is that thing that makes you happy most?

Success, hitting and surpassing my targets and goals.


How much does it cost to run a label and company at the same time?

The cost to employ brilliant, smart , hardworking and dedicated minds as a team; as well as a unique Talent.

Averagely if you have 1 artiste you will spend an average of 20 million naira in a calender year. And you can double or triple it if you able to outsmart the industry with your products and strategy to be on top; and it could simply be am investment to recoup in another year. It's a feast or famine business, no inbetween.


What your advice to fresh cats, who look's up to you as a talent manger?

Be a hardworker, be humble,  persistent and always think outside the box, always have a contract to protect your interest.

No comments:

Coal Press Nation. Powered by Blogger.