Header Ads

How I started music at 14 — Sugarboy.

Umoren AKanimoh Felix (Oscar Jnr) born in 1996, Known as Sugarboy, is a Nigerian recording artist. He has featured hit single such as “Badman” by Mode 9, “Raba” by DJ Shabsy and others.
In this interview, he speaks on his career..

Sugarboy was born in Ajegunle, Lagos-Nigeria. I hailed from  Calabar State and from a family of 5. I am the first born of Mr & Mrs AKanimoh.. While I was growing-up, I fell in love with music at the age of 14 and after my secondary school, I went to learn how to play the piano and I started pursuing my musical dream alongside. I started as keyboardist before i started singing and writing songs.

Music Career:
 I was encouraged by friends and family.. In 2010 was my starting point getting to work with a a-list on a song, I started music professionally that same year after we produced the monster hit ‘Badman’ by Mode 9. 

Musical Influence
Sugarboy is influenced by Bob Marley, Jah cure, Fela, Gregory Isaac and Majek Fashek..

No comments:

Coal Press Nation. Powered by Blogger.